To view this newsletter as a web page, go to: http://www.irse.org.hk/eNewsletter/issue06/issue06.htm
- Best view with 1024 x 768 resolution -
| Institution of
Railway Signal Engineers
(Hong Kong Section)
Newsletter > News
Issue 06 @
Summary of Professional
|Y F Sung
|The first lecture of
the BJTU 2009
Transport Management Degree
Course was held on 7/11/2009. It was delivered by a Professor from BJTU.
A group photo of the Professor, Students and Event Coordinators
|The BJTU 2009
Transport Management Degree
Course Inaugural Ceremony was held as scheduled on 24.10.2009. The Dean
of BJTU (Dean Chen Geng) and all invited Honourable Guests were
Group Photo of Officiating
Guests, Dean Chen Geng, Students & Event Coordinators
The Inaugural Ceremony was a successful event. The
event coordination team included:
- Mr. Alex Wong (Committee Member)
- Mr. Kenny Ng (Executive Member)
- Mr. K P Leung (Executive Member)
- Mr. Terry Chan (Executive Member)
Examination for BJTU 2009 Transport Management Degree Course was held
on 17/10/2009. Total 27 candidates attended the assessment and all of them
successfully passed the entry examination.
Group Photo of the BJTU Examiner, Officiating Guests, Candidates & Event Coordinators
|The 2009 IRSE
Professional Examination was held on 12/10/2009. Total 19 candidates
attended the examination.
The Invigilators (from left): Mr. Alex Wong,
Mr. Y F Sung, Mr. John Yee & Mr. Charles Lung
|The IRSE(HK) had
collaborated with the Department of Electronic & Information
Engineering, IVE(Sha Tin), to offer a 'Professional Certificate
Programme in Railway Systems (With Emphasis in Signalling Systems)' in
the period of 19/5/2009 to 11/9/2009. Total 29 applicants were admitted to the course and over 90% of them were
employed in railway operators, consultancy firms or contractors.
Group Photo taken in the first session
Mr. Philip W M WONG, an IRSE(HK) Executive Member, was appointed as the Course Examiner to monitor the course delivery and review the assessment materials.
Moreover, 11 professionals from local railway sector were invited to serve as Visiting Lecturers or Guest Speakers to share their knowledge and experiences.
Each visiting lecturer or guest speaker was an expert in his teaching areas. They were:
All 29 students were active to attend class and they were eligible to
receive the award of the 'Certificate of Attendance'. A 'Certificate
Presentation Ceremony' was held on 15/9/2009 evening. Mr. Manho John
William of MTRC and Mr. Henry N S CHEUNG of Ansaldo-HK were invited as officiating guests to
present the certificates to students.
- Mr. H T CHAN (Permanent Way)
- Mr. K P Chick (Depot Operations & Rolling Stock)
- Mr. Timothy C L CHUNG (Supervisory Control Systems)
- Mr. Quentin C K LEUNG (Asset Managment & Reliability-centred Maintenance)
- Mr. Charles C P LUNG (Signalling Basis, Fixed Block Signalling & Level-crossing Principles)
- Mr. Kenny T Y NG (Railway Station Operations)
- Mr. Y F SUNG (Standard Signalling Principles & Signalling A Layout)
- Mr. K K TSO (Railway Communication Systems)
- Mr. Alex T C WONG (Control Centre Operations)
- Mr. Y C WU (Traction Supply Systems)
- Mr. K C YAU (Automatic Fare Collection Systems)
- Mr. John H C YEE (ERTMS/ETCS & Control Table)
Group Photo taken in the 'Certificate of Attendance Presentation Ceremony'
Total 26 students passed the overall assessment and
would be awarded the 'Professional Certificate in Railway
Systems' by Vocationbal Training
* * * End * * *
Comments and suggestions are
welcome. Please send an e-mail to Editorial
As a member of IRSE(HK), you will receive
a bi-monthly email newsletter.
IRSE(HK) respects your privacy. If you no longer wish to receive this
please send an e-mail to IRSE(HK)
Administration (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) to unsubscribe.